The Blog of artist David "Draculasaurus" Burson. -
-Doctor Who fan art - Comics - Whatever else seems interesting

Friday, April 15, 2011

Charlie Chaplin

Oil on canvas board

Here's a painting I did way back in high school. It's Charlie Chaplin and Jackie Coogan from The Kid. Yeah, that's the same Jackie Coogan, who later in life, played Uncle Fester in the Addams Family television show.
Today is Chaplin's 122nd birthday.
For a while I was obsessed with Chaplin, I read every biography I could find, watched every film.
It's hard to imagine the scope of his influence today, but Chaplin was the first person to become truly world famous within his own lifetime.
His work is a major influence on my art as well.
It's no coincidence that I write a "silent" comic book, there's more than a little of Chaplin's little tramp character in Draculasaurus.

No comments:

Post a Comment